Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Venting....

So I REALLY like the new way that they are doing the judging for American Idol this season. I like the 3 rounds of 12 each. It is narrowing down everything quickly so that we get the ones (supposedly) that we really like. BUT SINCE it's narrowing down so quickly, I have a little advice for the contestants. OK, so if I'm one of the contestants this is what I'd be thinking:

There are only 3 of the 12 of us that are going to continue. I can only let 1 girl be better than but, but then I have to better than 5 guys too. SO the chances of me actually going through are very slim. What do I have to do? I have to take a risk. Either I totally rock it and I have a good chance. OR i bomb it and my odds don't change all that much...

If every contestant was thinking like this (1) the show would be so much more fun and entertaining.... right now I feel like I am listening to my grandmother's radio station (with the exception of Adam... LOVE HIM!!!) and (2) there would actually be a competition. Right now it's pretty easy to predict who's going through.

OK... done venting for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. I mostly agree with you. I do think it's a shame that some of the people that would normally land in the middle under the old system don't have a chance to improve over a couple weeks. Some of my favorite performances (like David Archuleta's "Imagine") were in the top 24 weeks. But I also hated that some of the good guys got cut because they had to have an equal number of guys and girls before. Not so this year. I like that.

    Also, I just noticed that Hudson is getting home this July - I know that probably doesn't seem fast to you, but I can't believe he's coming home already. Of course, G-Man is turning 2 in April, so it makes sense. :) Ironically, I think I'm going to be in Utah when he comes home. (My stepdaughter is getting married in Utah in July.) Let me know when he is speaking. I'd love to come if I can.

    ReplyDelete