Thursday, November 6, 2008

Some good news!!!

Ok, quick update... I'm doing really well. The good thing about Anaphylactic Shock is that people tend to recover really quickly. I came home Tuesday at about 3 p.m. (They actually let me vote in the hospital!!! It was a pretty interesting experience concidering it was my first presidential election. I don't know how much my vote should have counted though because I was so drugged up I could barely read the words on the paper! he he) I took of Wednesday and today and tried to mostly relax. Thanks to all of you who have visited or called or prayed... I know it's all helped me so much. My mouth is a little scratched up still because of tubes and I have a lovely scrape above my left nostril because of the tube the had down my nose to pump my stomach, but other than that I'm doing pretty well. My arms are banged up too because (and this may not surprise soem of you) but I guess even when I was knocked out, I was fighting the nurses and DID NOT want to tubes in my mouth or nose. They had to tie me down that night so I wouldn't hurt myself. Needless to say, I bruised my arms a little.

Now, Here is a little update from Moscow... seems like life over there is a little better than here... FOR ONCE! "Last week I said that on Friday we would be having a 'Fall carnival' to celebrate Halloween. I am happy to say it turned out great. Unfortunately someone forgot to pass the memo around that missionaries were, to a degree, allowed to dress up. So I had to find something at the branch to wear as a costume. I found a hardhat so I did the best I could to be a missionary and builder (Missionary and builder are kind of the same. We are building the kinding of God lol). We had more than thirty people show up which was great because at least 20 of them were investigators or people from English Club. There were also a lot of inactive members there. And oh did I mention, THERE WERE LOT OF KIDS!!!! It was awesome to have the little kids there. It's not to often that there are more than two kids at a branch function but on Friday there were about 10 kids atleast. We played a bunch of games after we watch Elder Wirthlin's latest conference talk. It was a great time for me to mingle and mix and get to know the branch members and everyone that came. It was a great night!!


Elder Gunther had to show the little kids how bobbing for apples is really done in America!!!


This is Elder Cannon with some of the kids from the branch who dressed up for the Halloween Party!!!

"On Friday, for our weekly planning, Elder Cannon and I set some high goals. We set a goal to have four investigators at church. Sunday was great because there is a family that has four kids. One is amost nine, so we are trying to get him baptised. His dad is a member but him mom isn't. They are a sweet family and we tried really hard to get them to come to church on Sunday. And they came. It is really hard for them to come to church because the dad is crippled and really can only come to church if someone comes and picks them up. So they came because we got the branch president to pick them up. The kids were very loud though lol during sacrement meeting. We actually ended up taking them into the primary room and watching them the last 15 minutes or so during sacrement meeting because of how roudy they were. I had to run but in before sacrement meeting ended to play the piano. I am also the 2nd counselor in the Elders' quorem. Then my favorite part was that because I'm the only one that knows how to play the piano in the branch, I was asked to play the piano during primary. I LOVED IT!!!! It was so fun to play the primary songs and to sing with the kids and watch their big smiles. I love primary. I am hoping we can work it out somehow so I can continue to play the piano in there because it really invites the spirit and it really calms down the kids!

"The work is picking up as we are focusing on being 100 percent exactly obedient and we are seeing the hand of the Lord in helping us in His work."

1 comment:

  1. Nice update! Keep going ELDER! And Beth, how is ASL going? Do you love it?

    ReplyDelete