Monday, November 10, 2008

See... i do have a small social life! :)

So I just want to say that I have THE BEST single's ward on the face of the earth.... and it's not even a ward, it's still a branch. We are so small and so we're the only "branch" in American Fork. But that does not mean that we lack in excitement and fun. A couple of weeks ago we went up to my branch president's cabin in Heber, Utah. We stayed in "the mansion" Friday night and then came home Saturday afternoon. I drove up because I had to come back earlier than the group on account of work.

I got to spend a lot of time with some of my GFFL (Girlfriends For Life!) It seems that no matter what happens, how long we go between talking, or how far apart we drift, when we get together, we have fun. We party and talk and laugh like we're the closest of friends. I love them! Loran drove up with me and we just had the best time. I'm working on not talking so much and being better at letting others express themselves and so it was good to hear what she had to say. I learned a lot about her and I just love conversations that are more than knee-deep. Plus, it was good to have her there while we were driving through the scary mountains.... And Bro. Welch was getting us lost.

And speaking of the leaders...I'm not standing alone when i say that they are the bomb!!! Bro. Welch and his wife are in my parents' ward. He is so funny and one of the only ones that gets away with teasing me.... and I just have to take it. Pres. Myler is so kind and understanding. I have a deep love and appreciation for that man and all he does. He and his wife are adorable. I love that I can go to this single's ward and not feel like they're pushing me to get married right away.

And what would the ward be without it's members? The group of people that I get to hang out with at the branch are just great. We cry, laugh, and learn together and I feel like everyone is pretty open and honest with each other. It's cool to go and not feel like you're being judged constantly.
Can I just say that I love 4-wheelers. I haven't been on one for a very long time though.... probably the last time I was on one was a Jen's parents' house. And that was a good 4 years ago. Anyways, this is a picture of me and Andee Rowley. It took me a minute to warm up and get comfortable, but once I got going, I didn't want to get off. Hudson, I want one of these... just so you know!

1 comment: