Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January.... lump sum

Ok, so the first few weeks of school.... have been.... wierd??

First, I was supposed to start work at this new restaurant which is absolutely amazing, but we had some staffing problems and some equiptment malfunctions, and so we've been closed. We have a company meeting on Saturday to find out more details. But I did get the Team Leader position that I was going for so that helps a lot. Starting next week I should be working about 35 hours/week. So, everyone ... come visit me!!!

Next, the classes.... wow..... all i have to say is WOW!!! I still absolutely love my major. I've never doubted that, but I am finding which areas I excel in. So far I've been involved in 2 broadcasts and they've gone ok. I've felt that my personal packages have gone well. I haven't had any camera time yet because of lack of time, but I'm not too worried. In fact, I'm a little relieved to not have to be on camera. I'm finding that I'm REALLY liking the behind-the-scenes stuff. I love using the editing programs and writing the stories and then sitting in the production booth and watching everything come together. As of right now, I think I'm leaning a little more towards that part of broadcast, but I'm only a semester into the program, so I have a few more to figure out what I want to do.

Well folks, January is almost over. My 2009 goals are set. And Hudson has 162 days to go. February is going to be a good month!!!

1 comment:

  1. BETHIE!!! i'm so happy you found me. how are you?? it's been forever. yes I will design your wedding dress! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete