Friday, October 17, 2008

Now the fun can really begin!

I did it, I did it, I did it... YAY! (Dora the Explorer, for those of you that are less educated in the art of children's programs) What did i do, you might ask? Just keep reading and you figure it out. Monday i was sitting in class, bored out of my mind, and decided to check my e-mail. Not a good idea.... there, just sitting innocently in my inbox was a message that I had been dreading/awaiting. It was from the Communications Department here at BYU telling me that my acceptance/denial letter was waiting for me in the Comms office. I coud pick it up at any time... except for the fact that I had classes it 3:00. Needless to say, it was a very long couple of hours as i anxiously waited for classes to end.

Note: It crossed my mind as I was saying several prayers that it's funny how i found myself wanting to pray that the words on my letter would be good (meaning that i got in). I almost wanted to as Him that if I had gotten denied, that He would change the words to "accepted." I realized that I don't think it words that way. After all that we can do, then we will be rewarded. I changed my prayers to ask Him to help me receive a confirmation that whatever the answer may be, that I may find peace in it.

So at 3:00 I almost RAN to the Comms building to get my letter. The secretary placed the letter in my shaky hands and i headed out of the building. I walked around for a couple of minutes to find a quiet, secluded spot where i could open the letter that felt SO heavy in my hand. I found a spot, sat down, took my inhaler (because I was freaking out a bit) and opened the letter by myself.... except for the fact that my mom made me call her while I opened it.

The first words in the letter: CONGRATULATIONS!

Oh what a relief this is. I have hated telling people that I am a pre-communications major and that I still don't know FOR SURE what I'm going to be doing with my life, but now I know! I am Beth Walker: newest Broadcast Journalism Major at BYU.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go little sis! We are so proud of you and never doubted you for a minute! Now go get'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo the words of the letter: Congratulations!! I'm excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BETH CONGRATS!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE BEST BROADCAST JOURNALIST EVER!!

    ReplyDelete