Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Steps Week #1

I want to be a good mom. I want to be around for a long time. I want to be able to get up and go outside and run with them without having to stop every 5 minutes to take my inhalor. But for right now, since I don't have kids, I simply want to make it up the RB "stairs of death" without passing out at the top. In order to accomplish this goal, I'm taking little steps and tasks each week to focus on and change in my life so that I can be healthy and ENTERGETIC.

And I've decided what my first goal is...

And, for me, it's a big one.

You see, for any of you have lived with me or have had the pleasure of being present at the time that yours truly awakes from her beauty sleep, you all know how pleasant I can be. Actually, I'm more like the beast than sleeping beauty.... (And yes I realize I'm mixing my Disney classics....so sue me.... I don't mean that literally Joe). I think part of the problem is that I don't think that sleep is as important and urgent at 1:00 A.M. as I do at 6:00 A.M. So, to fix this problem I'm setting a goal this week to get to bed by 11:00 P.M. every school night.

To do this, I'm outlining a few baby steps for me to work at this week:

1: Accomplish as much work at school as I can. Use my time wisely and don't waste it. (Good, full nights of sleep will also help me to stay awake during school and study periods.)

2: No TV at home or school until all homework is finished.

3: I'm grounding myself to my room after 10 P.M. I need to use this time to check last minute assignments, get ready for bed, and read scriptures/say prayers.

Hopefully this little habit will help me with a lot of areas in my life, but I think it's my first step to a healthy, happy life! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Beth I am so happy for you! You are my inspiration, in more than just fitness haha! Thanks for being such a good friend to me, I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, Congratulations from your other family...The Millers. We are happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck little sista! I KNOW you can do this. And you are so smart to start with baby steps. Remember, slow and steady wins the race! And by slow I don't mean helmet slow...I just mean....well you know what I mean!!
    LU LEW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! Sounds like a good plan. :) Come see me more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha when i read this it reminded me of when I tried this...needless to say, I failed...and then I got married lol It's 9:30 bedtime for me and Nick and our twins aren't even here yet! Geez we're so lame! But I love reading your goals! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete