Monday, September 1, 2008

My FAB Life.... yeah right...

So my summer has come to a close all too quickly. Classes will begin and the events of these past few months will become nothing but a faint memory.... OK, maybe that's a little melodramtic, but it just seems like this summer has flow by. Now I look at my life and wonder what has happened: I have no job (because I quit), I live at my parents' house (because it's cheap and I love being with my family), I ride the bus 20 miles to school (again, because it's cheap), and I don't date (because my social life is currently in Russia). Enough of the pity-pary, let's get to some good pictures. After my older brother Joe and his family went back to Virginia, my mom and I decided to follow them back there. Actually, my mom had a work conference and I tagged along with her. This conference was HUGE and it was at an AMAZING RESORT! I've never been to a hotel as nice as this. We got in and the nice lady at the counter upgraded our room to a balcony view which opened into the middle of the resort which was this huge glass atruim that looked out onto the Washington D.C. National Harbor. It was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! So, I got to hang out with my nieces and little nephew a little more. This hotel, I can't even explain, was so nice. We had wonderful meals every day and it was just so well-put together. If anyone is looking for a nice place to go for a trip or anniversary or something the name of the hotel was the Gaylord Resort! Awesome. Like I said before, we got to hang out a little more with the east-coast family. Here are some pictures of some of our good times.

This is a little fountain that was outside our hotel. I just have to say that I have the most beautiful neices ever.... Becky really should be a model! I guess I am a little biased though.Becky and Dallin on the dock in the harbor. She is such a great big sister to that little-big boy.My cute mom and I in front of our hotel. I told you all that the glass atrium was just huge. P.S. I look like a giant next to my skinny little mom.Remember what I was saying earlier about the most beautiful neices ever.. ya... pretty sure this pic prooves my point. Let's just say she was really excited about her "banilla" ice cream.Everyone says we look a lot alike. I promise she's not my child, but I can see similarities... What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. We had such a great time with you in Utah and out here. Your pictures are so great! If this journalism thing doesn't work out I think you have potential as a photographer!
    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to rock it this semester! How are classes so far? Are you liking everything? LET ME KNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH that looks like so much fun!! I'm in desperate need for a vacation!! It's so sad that my vacations consist of traveling 5 hours to Utah!! LOL But I'm comin at the end of this month and although I'm so jealous of you goin to the east coast and your huge hotel I'm extremely excited to see you!!

    ReplyDelete