Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A LiTtLe UpDaTe....

Sorry... I've been a little busy. School... Work..... School.... Even more work..... New Calling.... Still more work..... It's like it never ends. But I bet I'm preaching to the choir here... most of you are the same way, so I'll stop complaining about my busy life and get right down to the good stuff.

1: I started a "new" job. Well... kinda. I'm back at Brick Oven. It's actually better than I thought. Even though I'm coming off of a REALLY bad day at work yesterday (and when I say day, I mean ALL-DAY.... Eleven thirty to eleven thirty..... I didn't breath fresh air for like 12 hours.... UUUGGGHHHH!!!!) I really enjoy being back there. I couldn't find any better people to work with and I actually make pretty good money. Some of my best friend are there and I love them so much. Every one is so close and, for the most part, we all get along. Anyways, it's nice to have money again and it's even nicer to be around people who make me better. I do need to vent for one second though.... my two best friends there are both leaving me this summer!!! And they aren't just leaving B.O.... they are leaving Provo too! I'm not going to see them EVER!! GRR!!! I just want to let them know that I'm not happy about that part.

2: Becca blessed her twins this month. I can't believe all that has happened since we graduated. Life seems to just be coming at me fast. Too fast sometimes. I'm getting over the "jitters" of having Hudson come home and now I'm ready. I ready to stop waiting. I'm ready to have my best friend back. I'm ready to start an eternal life with him. But this section isn't about Hudson, it's about Becca. Now, I'm probably a little bias, but these babies are just adorable.... and as you can tell in the picture, they take after their beautiful mother (Ha Ha Becca.... that's what you get for not co-operating for the picture!!!) I love all these girls. I hope we all keep in touch for LIFE!!!

3: I mentioned a new calling.... Let me pre-date this by saying that like HALF of the girls in my singles ward are getting married. There are seriously like 6 leaving this summer. So, it was no surprise to me that I would get a new calling. When I was called in I was just hoping and praying it was not Relief Society President.... which thankfully the Lord know I'm not ready for and so I was instead called to be the Activities Committee Co-Chair. The othe Co-Chair is a male so that means that basically on my own, right??!!??! LOL :) Well we have on activity per month to plan and so I'm getting basically thrown in. It's good. It's fun. But it's pretty busy. Lots to think about and plan. We'll see how the first activity in two weeks.

4: I've taken up a new hobby. DESSERTS!!! I know that sounds funny, but it's so true. I have found that I really love to cook. Especially the sweets. A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I were bored and created this masterpiece of cheesecake and fruit. It was just marvelous. My current repetoire also includes mini cheesecakes, cookies of all sorts, butterscotch pizookies and tonight's work of art will be Caramel Chocolate Brownie Cake!!!! YUM YUM!!!

5: This semester has been BY FAR the craziest one yet. And from what I hear, it should get easier from here on out. I've liked doing the news. I know I only said "liked" but that is because it was so stressful, I'm not sure I LOVED it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my major, but the day-to-day reporting is not something I love. I'm sure excited because I'm getting started on my documentary. I LOVE producing and I'll be taking that class next semester. This semester has been good though. I've learned a lot. I've made friends. I've shaped some of my future. And I've avoided KOOKIES (Shout out to ANNA!!!). Most of you can ignore that last part. Overall it's been good. And I thank heaven that it's almost over.

6: I just have to post this picture because I love it so much! I love this family and am so grateful for the love they show to me. I always feel so welcome and loved. I couldn't ask for better examples to me. Oh and in case you were wondering..... Only 3 more months til he gets home everybody! YAY!!!

6 comments:

  1. You need to explain top picture: a bunch of kids from a PROVO pizza restaurant driving to SALT LAKE CITY at midnight so they can go to . . . what else? . . . a pizza restaurant. This is what those of us who are elderly sometimes refer to as . . . what was that word again? . . . oh yes . . . "dumb." And I mean that in the nicest, cutest possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Silly daddy! That picute was taken more than a year ago at the B.O. Christmas Party. Notice the short hair???? lol.... and you're right.... you old people wouldn't understand our "dumb" actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could have been "dumb" and went to a pizza place with you. Who are these best friends leaving you at brickoven to fend for yourself? cause they should be slapped or something

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nothing, dad. Adam and I once drove 16 hours out of the way so that Adam could eat at a bad Mexican restaraunt he liked to eat at as a kid.
    Hey Beth! How do I get to see some of your news spots?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yeah who's that crazy friend of yours in the middle of all those hotties and babies? Oh that's right ME! Yeah, mission accomplished, I'm embarrassed! And your dessert looked DIVINE! I have the yummiest entree that we'll have to get together and do dinner! You bring dessert! and I'm with Andrea. How do we see your news spots?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. KOOKIES. i'm glad we're awesome (but not shiny) and great at everything (without having the news director write our scripts).

    what if we hadn't switched reporting days? scary thought...

    ReplyDelete